Nuffnang Ads

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Bites: Brunching @ Tiisch, Perth CBD

Its famous Matcha Sandwich has graced Instagram since the day Tiisch open its doors and I have to say, that its still happening.  A couple weeks ago I managed to dropped in and get a taste of what Tiisch was about.  This modern cafe with soaring ceilings in the upper end of the CBD is conveniently located near the offices making it perfect for a business meeting or a quality brunch.  (Gets noisy at peak times though!)

The coffee choices are plenty so coffee lovers rejoice! First up for brunch:
P6278382

The famous Matcha Sandwich.  First bite in and I was convinced that this decadent treat lived up to the hype.  Its chewy biscuit paired with a luscious matcha filling was to die for.  Best of all was that the balance between the sweetness of the white chocolate biscuit and the grassy-earthy matcha that did not make the biscuit sickening.   In fact,  I thought it tasted healthy for one moment. Who am I kidding right? lol.

Next up was my impulse order, the S'mores Cronut.
P6278384

Have to say, it looked a lot better than it tasted.  Or perhaps its just my dislike for the hybrid between the doughnut and a croissant. Why my dislike for the infamous cronut?  Well, simply because it does not offer the divinity of either and neither does it give the best of both worlds either.  Or have I just not eaten a good one before?  Too many wonderings here  ha ha. But if you’re a big fan of S'mores, I reckon Tiisch does it just fine with their Cronut rendition of a classic S'mores.

Last but not least, Matcha Pancakes with Stewed Rhubarb.  If looks could kill, the dish of Matcha Pancakes is definitely a serial killer.  
P6278393
The presentation was stunning with the white plate making for a cleaner backdrop.  Cooked well, there were not stodginess in these green pancakes. It was done to perfection, something which places still struggle these days.  The rhubarb despite being stewed held it shape as though cut fresh. For one moment I thought it was going to be undercooked but the good folks at Tiisch proved me wrong.  While it was yums, the serving size does not suit a very hungry person.  Unless you’re a hungry person on portion control ha ha. In saying that, it fits right in for a light lunch.

Do I like Tiisch?  I sure do.  Despite so many brunch spots popping up around town, I am sure Perth has space for one more. The brunch here was interesting, the flavours good and execution was done well.  Could it be better?  Definitely.  Will it be better?  I guess its a matter of time. The menu sports a lot of the usuals brunch suspects which raises a question. Will it be special enough to keep the momentum going?  A change of season with (hopefully) a new menu will be interesting to see.

WenY
Tiisch  Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato