Nuffnang Ads

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Bites: Ayami @ Northbridge.

Sorry to those who was expecting a little more of my dedication towards my blog.  But these recent weeks has been been filled with study efforts.  5% Accounting assignment, 7% reports, 5% computer assignments, geology test, steel design test, accounting quiz…. I guess you can see where I’m straying to already.  Seems like I have severely underestimated the business of a 4th year university student.  Should not have overloaded! DANG!
IMG_6301

Lucky enough, my ordeal has finally ended.  Time to kick back and give my blog a new entry.  I’ll do a post on one of the new restaurant I visited a week ago for a close friend’s birthday.  My sister chose a Japanese restaurant called Ayami in Northbridge opposite Russell Square.  Ayami has taken over from another Jap-French fusion restaurant.  The service here is pretty good hoho.  The waitress has a good smile on her!  And as for the food, we ordered lots and lots of food!  But yummy or not that is something else..

IMG_6310
Sashimi @ $35.50 .  The dish consisted of slices of tuna, salmon, yellow tail and god knows what other fish were there on the plate.  I think they also had sea urchin sashimi too.   Amanda and Kevin found this very yummy and fresh!  And its not without substance considering my findings on the web mentioned that the sashimi chef Kengo Omori @ Ayami is an award winning chef.

IMG_6313
Tempura @ $15.00 ! I  find it hard to distinguish between good and bad tempura.  Or maybe all the ones I’ve eaten so far are really good.  But this really is just something you can get anywhere.  No hype. 

IMG_6314
Tuna Croquets @ $9.50 was my pick for appetizer.   Well mashed tuna patty cover in potato, battered and fried! Yummmyyy! Mind you, the croquet was floating on one of the bests tartar sauce I’ve ever tasted!

IMG_6318
Beef Tataki @ $X.XX.  Not sure how this dish is supposed but it was ok.  Personally my favourite beef tataki comes from Kanta where each sliced is firm in shape but melts in your mouth.

IMG_6319
Diced steak teriyaki @ 21.50.  This was what my sister ordered which turn out to be a big BOO BOO.  Tasteless teriyaki was disappointing.   WHERE DID THE NICEST TERIYAKI in PERTH GO TO? COME BACK PLEASE SUN KATSUYAAAAAAAAAAA!

IMG_6322
Tempura Udon @ $12.50.  I think this was fail job really.  It felt like errr boiled plain noodles topped with tempura, and oh the soup base is dashi with water maybe?  Didn’t like it a single bit.  Or maybe I’m just a Ramen kid FTW.

Overall the food here was OK-la, the bill wasn’t xD! The meal ended up upwards of $170 maybe?  And it was only for 4 people.  We were the last a bit to leave the place after eating.  We waited for Jason to pop by before lighting Kevin’s yummy green tea cake in which my sister bought.  Hehehe…

IMG_6326
My smile here is not so fail.  Yays!!!  The cake was awesome I must insist once again.  Bought somewhere err canning bridge hmm err? Mt. Pleasant Highgate, Mt. Lawley or Applecross I am so unsure @.@!

Great night.  Enjoyed it hoho!  And oh must thank my sister as she treated us the meal! :)!

WenY


Ayami Japanese Restaurant on Urbanspoon