Nuffnang Ads

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Liebster Award

041513_2203_abusylittle1-400x350

Food blogging has been an exceptional experience which allowed me to widen my knowledge about the food we eat and how many different factors can come to play when a winning dish is created.  Through food blogging I have not only had the chance to embrace food as a nutritional marvel, but more often than not as a cultural one.

I have recently been chosen by my blogger friend Lee of CafĂ© Couture for the Liebster Award.  This award allows me to state 11 facts about myself while nominating another 11 bloggers for the award.  The only condition is that they must have under 200 followers!  The Liebster award paves the way for us to connect and get to know each other.

 

11 random facts about me:

  1. I had the best eats at Le Atelier de Joel Robuchon HK.
  2. I love cameras and currently use the Olympus OMD
  3. I am not married but I have a kid.  My dog named Daisy.
  4. I have crossed the North Korean border.
  5. My all time favourite breakfast food is the Malaysian Nasi Lemak
  6. Reckons that if you are stuck anywhere in the world with crap food, McDonalds is pretty top.
  7. I am a Malaysian and have been in Perth for 7 years.
  8. I do not comb my hair.
  9. I also write food columns in a newspaper.
  10. I can fluctuate my weight like a yoyo when on an eating spree +/- 5kgs.
  11. I do not wear spectacles.


Questions from Cafe Couture:

  1. What did you eat today? Haloumi, Margaret River Lamb, Hommus and toasted flat bread
  2. Cappuccino, Long Mac or Espresso? Unfortunately none of the above, I do not do coffee!
  3. Your favourite thing to do on the weekend? Either sleep in or go driving around scenic routes.
  4. Where do you want to go on your next holiday? Indochina.  I have always lived nearby but never took the opportunity to discover the unchartered.
  5. What inspires you? Enthusiasm and righteousness.
  6. What is your favourite blog/website? Nothing in particular.  But if I had to put a name down Queen of Bad Timing and ChompChomp has consistently updated their posts with great pictures.
  7. A memorable event in your life? When my tongue earned its first 3 Michelin starred bite.
  8. Favourite movie? I can be classic and choose the Shawshank Redemption but brainless action movies like Avengers do get the best of me at times. 
  9. What do you buy online and where from? Anything?  Ebay is typically the best for electrical but if I had to get my branded things I always hit the stores..
  10. Do you love winter or summer? Winter! Keeps me eating, running and just being awesome overall.
  11. What camera or phone do you use to snap pictures? My OMD is wicked when paired with a sharp 25mm f1.4 Leica.  Looking for other good lenses too!


My nominated bloggers:


My questions for the nominees:

  1. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
  2. What is your favourite restaurant?
  3. What is your favourite book?
  4. What is your favourite blog?
  5. What is the best thing you cooked?
  6. Who's the best chef in the house?
  7. What is your ultimate guilt cravings!?
  8. What was the last movie you watched?
  9. What sandwich filling is the best combination?
  10. What song always gets stuck in your head?
  11. What cuisine have you not had before?