Nuffnang Ads

Thursday, January 21, 2010

20 dollar Monster: Harry’s Bar @ Northbridge.

I’ve been eyeing this place for quite a while already since I saw it on Perth – Sixthousand a fortnight ago.  Hmm, but since we all have fairly tight schedules we only managed to make some opening yesterday!  Plus we were occupied with Caesar’s last week  mmmm lol.  Harry’s have this really good pledge to their customers every Wednesdays where you can get unlimited ribs for 20 dollars per person.  Pretty damn cheap no?
IMG_5426
Found the interior very comfortable.  Very clever in space despite having so many proper seated places.  The booths had especially relaxed cushion to the extent that after our meal, the guys were like “..can I have a nap here” @@!

There to is this waitress here that really looks like Penny from the big bang theory! Chick stuff hoho!  I ordered myself a cocktail for the warm summer but I drank less than half! Too full from the main that came after! 
IMG_5433
Tequila Sunrise.  Was ok but felt really bitter :S! Maybe I didn’t give it  proper stir when I started!

Had some time to get pictures of the guys who refuse to give me a normal pose bzzzzzzzzz.
IMG_5429
Hobo Yobi

IMG_5430
Feng the Engineer.

3 hungry stomach were rumbling! Where’s our meal I wondered.  And bammm the ribs started rolling out.  Saw the large family opposite us getting their serves. And I’m like omg this is insane.  Really big ass.  After 10 more minutes of waiting the ribs were in babehhhhh!
IMG_5437
Ribs with coleslaw and spud! Finally arrived.  Seeing the food that was on the plate had my eyebrows raised without hesitation! Hunger was about to be axed.

IMG_5442CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP..

Bone yard.

Hmmmm Hmmm The coleslaw was disappointing :(  Dry and the cabbage wasn’t juicy :S!  The spud didn’t taste too good by itself too.  Definitely needed some meat from the ribs to help it out.  But more vital to the very reason we had our meal here was the ribs.  If you’re not to particular about your ribs lined up nicely with meat swelling about the bones evenly then you’d probably be fine with these.  The meat was hell of a lot.  Biggest ribs I’ve every eaten.  As for the taste, there was a bit of draught happening on the plate.  Too much meat but not enough sauce so we got the waitress to get us a small serve of sauce.  The sauce was a mix of barbecue and herbs if my taste buds recall correctly.  And the ribs weren’t barbecued, instead if was more of braised.  I however would prefer my ribs bogged down with delicious sauce.

My verdict is that if you’re a meat lover than you’re a Harry’s lover. They probably butchered 1000 pigs just for Wednesdays.  So BE KIND! DON’T WASTE. Oh and they could do with some improvements to the side.  More mayo to the coleslaw? Perhaps a squeeze of lime for increased acidity?

PS: We tried to have seconds but god that second serve was insane.  They gave us one slice of pork belly about 10 cm thick + 2 ribs. @@! It’s been 24 hours and I can still imitate the texture and taste of pork by rubbing my tongue about. Ackk! 

WenY


Harry's Bar on Urbanspoon