Nuffnang Ads

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Festivity: Chinese New Year in Perth

IMG_5967 It is that time of the year again where I would have a reunion dinner with my family members. While the celebration did not have the Chinese New Year atmosphere, that familiar semblance of festivity is all around me.   The usual food, people and chatters.  Pretty much nothing was missing besides two more families.  But being in Perth, I’m grateful to even have a reunion dinner with both my family and my extended one hoho!  One funny thing I felt today is that I am the youngest among everyone @@! That rarely ever happens.  Maybe my cousins will get married and have kids soon HAhaha.





Today’s reunion dinner was at my uncle’s place!
IMG_5961
The setup!

IMG_5959
This was meant to be the adults table.  Until dinner, I was pretty much hiding inside the house listening to my cousins talk while I watch Malcom in the Middle.  Super multitasking.  Taking picture, watching comedy & listening to conversations xD!!  It was quite cold actually.  My cousin told me the beach was 300 metres away or something.  Or was it 3kms? hmmm

IMG_5965
Family talk all over.  Inside outside backside !!

IMG_5966
Uncle’s wife in action.  Cooking cooking cooking! Yummmss!

After watching Malcom in the Middle, there was a “kids” table laid out with additional bowls for that certain activity before dinner? Want to guess what that “activity” is?  I’ll give you a picture’s worth of time to think about it!
IMG_5968
Flying table cloth lol.  My uncle’s place is super windy at time. Oh and I had no idea where that “picture’s worth” of time came up from.  But anyways, it’s the “loh sang” thingy that the Chinese do during most dinners during the Chinese New Year period which spans for a ridiculous 14 days.

IMG_5969
Aunty’s super modern “loh sang”  With Salmon slices > than anything else, this is a “wow” factor for sashimi lovers.  DEFINITELY.  But I’m not the biggest fan out there.  I recall my first time having sashimi in Malaysia...  it was followed by horrible diarrhoea.

IMG_5970
Plan view. xD!!

IMG_5971
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh –sang!

IMG_5973
The Lee’s in their tossing action.  Longevity, wealth, errr kids>?, good education and everything else you would want.

IMG_5977
Dinner spread and after that I got to lazy to take pictures of anything that came after!  Too busy feasting :)!!

Happy CNY everyone!  Hope everyone makes their wishes and at the same time pray for the wellbeing of others!!  Oh, do not forget to collect all those fat red packets!!  Good luck to all the house visitors in their collection :)!!

WenY