Nuffnang Ads

Monday, December 13, 2010

The Sundays: 12/12/2010

It has been a super family weekend.  Being a Lee, one thing we do better than others  are gathering frequently and constant eating.  Like a cow really.  I remember back in the days when I was younger, everyone will come back to KL to celebrate Chinese New Year.  We will munch from the morning vegetarian meal to the meaty night meal. And that was before the crazy reunion dinner.  Probably 10 meals a day?  Or just constant eating ahha.

Today was not so different.  I woke up to a yoghurt drink before heading to Ampang for brunch.  We were at the ever so popular Fong Fong Yong Tau Foo.  I got a bit worried when the place seemed a bit empty before noon.  But I need not worry long because once the clock struck 10 past noon.  It was filled and the “stare and wait” game begun.  The food was as yummy as usual, but the broth for the soupy Yong Tau Foo was a bit too peppery!  We ordered 40 pieces for 5 people but I had 10 or more.  Loved every bit of it in spite of the horrible heat that was constantly blowing on me.

After that mom went to the club house to pick up some Rendang Chicken.  But we were in for some afternoon snacks while we waited for the Rendang to be packed!

Summer salvation:
IMG_0350
None other than the Malaysian delight, the Ice Kacang. 

My mom’s pick to go along with her cup of freshly stirred Nescafe lol.  Unfortunately we do not do fancy coffee in Malaysia.  Or more like, not for the price of 5 bucks.  Anyways. she chose a homemade Brownie which was absolutely delish.  No joke.  Moist chocolate with chewy bits top with a melted chocolate top and vanilla ice cream!
IMG_0352
This was tonnes better compared to the one served at Delicious.  Sorry to everyone who has heard me rant about that horrible place.  I said it before and I am still saying it!  But it is horrible!

And for myself, I ordered the same thing I would normally order for tea in the club house.  The steak sandwich,
IMG_0356

Oooo yeah!  And Happy Birthday to me :D!  Hoho too lazy to type already!  But I had a good dinner at my aunt’s place just a moment ago ahaha.

WenY