Nuffnang Ads

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Winter Solstice Festival: Just One

Last night, mom made me roll little balls of flour to prepare for today’s festival celebration.  Colourful they were in red and white, but they would normally come in green too.  Funnily enough, so much work had to be done for just three people.  It was only going to be mom, dad and I since most of the relatives are overseas.  Nevertheless, rolling the dough was fun, as it brought back childhood memories. The countless plate of dough that I have rolled up till this very day.
It also had me thinking of the random days in Perth where a sudden craving for dessert would drive me to the kitchen.  Get the stove ready, in goes the pandan leave to make the syrup before putting in the Tang Yuen hoho!  And today, mom made super a lot food for the three of us.  Roast pork, steamed chicken, fish, butter prawns, Tang Yuen and my new favourite, the arrowhead root cooked with minced meat with fermented bean curd and cilantro!! Ohhh yeah!  Below is a macro of it.

DSC_0007
Just one problem aye?  There is only one picture. And omg, I actually took 20+ shots of it before picking this one from the lot.  It was hell difficult for god knows what reason. The lens won’t focus. In the end, I decided to not take the rest of the food! Oh, and apparently a good macro lens  for foodies like me will require a lens such as the Nikon 60mm AF-S Micro-Nikkor which costs 1500 bucks or the 105mm one, which would cost a whopping 3000 bucks.  NOooooooooooooo.   Ok still lots to learn, but first, time for supper :P!

WenY