Nuffnang Ads

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Cari Makan: Pork Noodles @ SS3

It’s now 1 o’clock and I’m starving! Mom says her meeting would end 1 but it has been delayed perhaps? Nonetheless I shall fill up my tummy with this blog post!

It has been almost a year since I came to this coffee shop which is just a stone throw from my house! I recall that the last time I came here, I got quite pissed at how slow the service was from the pork noodle stall that I did not even bother ordering this yummy bowl of noodles. The couple would make a dozen or more bowls at one time. But his process is sooo slowwww. About 15 minutes per round :(

I had a sudden craving yesterday and my dad said that this is probably one of the better pork noodles since the aunty in Yat Yeh Hing closed her stall! The place to eat this yummy bowl of pork noodles is Restaurant Kean Fatt. The location of this place can be found on this dude’s blog here! The stall is operated by an old couple. One grump old lady and one slow old man!
190120091015

You practically get to choose the kind of meat you wanted in your noodles or a mix would be ok too. I had pork slices and minced meat on mine. The generous servings of the meat makes this bowl priced at a pretty high $4.80. The broth of the soup was extremely flavorful putting me at an MSG alert. But amazingly I did not get any MSG overdose symptoms. But my dad found the noodles very salty. On the other hand, I felt a sensation of sweetness and saltiness due to one of the preserved vegetables used to make the broth.

190120091016
I found this place very yummy! In fact, superbly delicious in my opinion haha. Too tasty my dad claims. Loved the little crispy nibbles of fried pork lard. A correct mixture of their secret sauce and sort make this meal very favorable to a hungry lad like me!!

I’m so hungry now :( I need my lunch!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

WenY