Nuffnang Ads

Friday, January 9, 2009

Cari Makan: Seremban Favourites @ Sunway Mas

Been looking for a good place to enjoy Char Siew by the masses since my visit to Char Siew King @ KL seems far for now. Surfing the net I realized that most people recommended a place not too far from my place called Seremban Favourites @ Sunway Mas behind Aman Suria.  Even my close buddy Justin has a couple of packets of char siew rice for lunch I heard. It can’t be that bad now can it? After a 25 lap swim my dad and I went around KL before going to the place. At 11, it had quite a fair bit of crowd for a standalone shop. Upon entering the shop I was greeted by hanging pieces of awesome Char Siew dripping it’s juices.

Dad and I ordered 2 cups of herbal tea, 2 Hakka noodles, a small plate of Char Siew and a bowl of Meatballs soup.

HakkaMee-1
It’s been a long long time since I had Hakka noodles. Not sure how authentic this is but I’m pretty sure that the noodles hmm. Ok not sure haha. It tasted quite nice. The minced meat was satisfying. Should put more :D

Up next is the meatballs in soup. I feel that the soup had too much cuttlefish flavor to my liking. But I liked the meatballs a lot. Had more texture than those factory made ones or those so claimed “homemade”
Balls

The last picture is the dish that arrived last:
CS1
I’m not a person who has a lot of experience eating char siew but I feel that this tasted quite good. The meat was lean and of course quite healthy. But my dad said it was not crispy enough for his liking. He prefers the one served with wanton noodles @ Section 17 Mel’s Corner. A crisp on the outside with tender meat on the inside. Maybe the char siew would have been tastier with a little more fat in it :D

Overall Seremban Favourites is quite a good eat after a tiring swim in the morning :) All these pictures of Seremban Favourites are not mine on a side note.

WenY