Nuffnang Ads

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Cari Makan: T.G.I.F @ Ss14, an old dining.

Since a midget, I’ve been patronizing this T.G.I.F or Thank God Its Friday. How long has it been? Perhaps 10 years or more? The food here has been pretty good since young but for some particular reason, Chilis was always the choice of my group of teenage adults.

Today I had lunch @ TGIF with my family and Eric. It was their farewell lunch before they leave back to Aus tonight. We ordered lots of food if you ask me! Ill let the picture do the talking!:
Fried Calamari Rings!
P1000819
Boneless Buffalo strips! Was a classic favourite and my dad’s most preferred food @ all this place he says is for “youngsters”. Used to have Buffalo wings but why not try boneless. Not to bad as well :D
P1000825
Chicken Nachos!
P1000831
I love TGIF nachos so much! Every other time I have nachos it is always so messy and the taste is poorly spreaded! Subway, Chilis, and even the Ref @ Uni!! Ewww! Ewww!!

Love the way TGIF does this classic nachos which I’ve been eating since a kid! Slices of chicken on a crisp slice of corn chips topped with melted cheese and finish with a slice of Jalapeno! DAmmmmmmm!!!
P1000835
This pasta is called garlic something something and errr I did not quite fancy it. Ok ok onlyla. Since I learned to cook pasta in Perth, I’ve been a little bit more demanding. My Sei Ku’s chili mussels which my sister adapted is holy smoke, not to mention all the other pastas I myself can cook after picking it up from my aunt. Definitely a standard or two lower when the pasta gets rated by me!

When you go Australia alone to study, there are practically a few paths:
1) Stay with Veterans and learn PROPER pasta.
2) Stay alone = noob bottled sauce = crap pasta.

P1000836
Next up is the chicken fingers which was not as good as I expected it to be. The ones at Chilis is definitely better than this. Probably only this dish wins @ Chilis.

After downing all the food, it was time to finish the meal with some little sweet delights :D
P1000854
B rank cake. This cake tasted common, moist, so-so :S. Nothing much to appreciate from it. The bottom one which is the Mocha Mud Pie comes in pricey @ rm15 but serves kickass satisfaction in a small portion. A double thumbs up for this one!! It simply is a must have :)

P1000856
My tummmy is full!! Nothing much to comment, atmosphere? errr like most places that is errr quite a common scene if you’d ask me. Nothing to shout about.

And my sister along with Eric has left for Singapore before transiting  to Perth. Had great fun with her but great times end too. Rwarrr! See you soon @ Perth sister.

WenY