Nuffnang Ads

Monday, January 26, 2009

Reunion Dinner!: Welcome the year of the OX!

Sunday night was an ever year affair where family members gather for a dinner together. Although some of my aunty and uncles did not come down, our moods were no dampen! In fact we still headed into a great new year dinner! The Lee family was still having great fun in both Aussie and Malaysia!

 

Mom’s spread was scrumptious as usual for a 10 people crowd. We started off with Shark’s Fin soup! My Sam Ku gave my mom some sharks fin from the US worth hundred plus US$! Very generous weii!! hehehe. My mom only used halve but it was more than sufficient for us! Her soup did not taste like sharks fin soup which was the reason why I liked it haha! I don’t quite like normal sharks fin soup!

IMG_3212

 

This year before the dinner day I complained to my mom, “Whylaaaa!! Always Steamed Chicken one :( Not nice at all!! *emoo*” Haha. It’s nothing but the truth!! Steamed chicken for practically every Chinese festival is horrendous @.@! Not to mention, steamed chicken skin taste so crap! But the roast duck which we had was like woahh!! Nice!! But I think Regal on Roe’s duck tastes better! Weeeeeeeeeeee~

IMG_3198 

 

Another must have on the dish table is Siew Yoke or roast pork! Crispy on the skin and tastily seasoned, what more can I ask for? Yums!! Roast pork goes well when wrapped with lettuce!

IMG_3202

 

The next dish is one of my mom’s specialties, the Nga Ku? lol! In English it is called Arrowhead. My mom fries this Chinese delicacy with Parsley, minced meat along with some fermented Chinese bean curd paste!

IMG_3201

 

But that was not all!! We had butter prawns on the table as well! With prawns flown from across the states to my house, we were guaranteed fresh large prawns hehe. The prawns were really fresh with the exception of the first prawn I had.

IMG_3206

 

My aunty also prepared something for the night. She made meatballs with crabmeat which tasted nice as well!!

IMG_3211

 

This is the last picture, my worst enemy AHAhaha! The steamed fish @.@……. Mom knows how to steam her fish but her son here doesn’t know how to appreciate it :(!

IMG_3210

 

 

WenY