Nuffnang Ads

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Cari Makan: Zanmai Pasta @ 1U

Very long time ago after eating at so many places (yea man, my diet plan is “working”) I’m back here blogging about a place I found quite different compared to the rest. Probably a bit slow on this but hey!! I’ve only been back for a month :(!

 

Oklar! Been ranting enough! Sister, Eric and I decided to go shopping @ 1 Utama but was too hungry as dad was not free to go lunch with us. So we decided to pop by Zanmai Pasta, a place recommended by Jian before as “not bad”.  We ordered quite a fair bit. A sashimi salad, two pastas, clam soup as well as potato salad!

 

P1000742

Eric’s salad as he said he wanted to feel healthy!

 

P1000743

This drink.. jesus @.@ OKla green sign = toxic or poisonous right? Yea, that applies here. $3.50 “special” brew was no where near special compared to Yobi’s suggested Barley Lime from Bumbu Bali!

 

P1000749

A serve of potato salad @ rm6.00 was nice. Matches Fuji’s @ Vic Park, Perth. Tasted very light even though egg and cream was all over. The lettuce at the back was drizzled with Zanmai’s homemade sauce which I have to admit tasted like “my type”.

 

P1000753

This was Eric’s soup with lots of clam inside. About 10-15 perhaps? Not bad I guess. I remember there was a time where Tom Yam seafood put in two of those and it was supposed to be a big deal @.@. I did not taste it but Eric say quite good wor. I’ll take his word for it I’d suppose!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Next up is my sister’s pasta. XXXX no chili pasta. Weirdly enough “no chili” means ala chili in Jap. She says she liked the simplicity of this pasta. No overpowering sauce pushing the seafood taste away. I found it boring though lol. But it was nicela, just boring haha. The mushrooms tasted good in this dish!

P1000754

Sister’s salad with the dressing I talked about before:

P1000756

And lastly, my chicken pasta!

P1000759

I love Teriyaki at the right place and being served with pasta does not seem like a bad idea at all. In fact it turned out quite yummy! Although I have to insist that the chicken was not cooked to satisfy me like at Kanta in Perth lol. No bias here man. Just plain truth!! The final bill came to around $100+. Nonetheless, Zanmai has made 3 person that day satisfied as fat pigs.

 

Will be hitting you peeps with more eats as I come alive tomorrow morning! It’s bed time :D Adios!~

 

WenY