Nuffnang Ads

Friday, January 23, 2009

Cari Makan: Zanmai Sushi @ 1U and Mel’s Corner Section 17

For the past few days, my life has been quite a handful! Old buddy meet ups has been quite good. Met 3 old friends. 2 of them really old that 1 of them I did not know I even knew her lol! The other mehh.. Met her last CNY!! They all seem to be doing well! 1 tukang gigi (dentist), 1 tukang kaki ( leg something) and a pharmacist.

So what’s been processing in my stomach lately? First up is Zanmai Sushi @ One Utama. Zanmai Sushi is a Kaiten style sushi bar. But what I find weird is that we did not take any from the conveyor belt because we decided that the sushi on it looks a bit tired ahah. Oh no! Did not bring camera to this occasion!! Ok I guess I’ll have to steal a couple of pictures from the internet! So be WARY, pictures are NOT MINE. Thanks to the peeps that got these pics posted up before me!!
sakae7
I have to say that Zanmai Sushi serves really cheap Makimono. My Tamago Maki only cost $1.60 for 6 small pieces @.@. Then Tamago Nigiri was $1.80 for 2 pieces, Spider Roll coating with flying fish roe was $6.00 for 6.

spider

tamago2

STei-Salmon[1]
Salmon is such poison to me! In fact, all fish is poison to me. I only had three slices of this and I came back with a Diarrhea!! Aaaaaaaa!! Don’t see the hype in something that has no taste in it :S Yobi said there is a certain texture to it but I think otherwise. The texture gives me the creeps! Cold and a touch of slime! Eeeeeeew! No smell to this one though.

eel
I really think the price is sooo worth it here at Zanmai! Not the cheapest but I doubt it is overpriced! Yobi ordered 2 sets of Unagi sushi for plus minus $24.00 . Really crazy amount of eel in those two things he ordered! Quite a good eat! Yobi, J and I was filled to the brim in a bill which totaled to less than 100 bucks!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So what’s up next? Well my dad loves Wanton Noodles and this place was found by him! My sister loves it, I love it as well. But somehow, Yobi does not know it existed even though he claims eating in this area for millenniums.

The place to go is Restoran Mel's Corner @ Section 17, Petaling Jaya. Weird name for a Chinese Restaurant. I thought it will be called err 8 something or Fortune something haha. Nonetheless, with holy smoke wanton noodles, I understand why they don’t need those “special” name. The main highlight of the noodles would be the char siew that has perfect proportion of fat to meat with good seasoning before being barbecued to perfection. Crispy on the outside, tender on the inside which gives the char siew a sort of melting sensation! If you feel a lil spendthrift you can request for more barbecue pork @ $2 :)

WantanMee

Another thing which makes me give this place thumbs up is the wanton itself! Most places often has the wanton tasting weird because it is sticky and the meat inside tastes dull :’( This place on the other hand does it right. It definitely beats the so called BEST Wanton Noodles in Petaling Street hands down!

Wantan

That is all for now even though I actually have one or two more places to talk about! Will save this backlog if I encounter a drought in the near future :P

WenY